Need a last-minute appetizer? This versatile and delicious recipe comes together in under 20 minutes, but looks and tastes like it took a lot longer.
3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
Tip: The easiest way to prepare the bacon for this recipe is to place it on a large plate lined with paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels and place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or just until crispy. Cook time will vary by microwave, so be sure to check after two minutes and adjust accordingly.
- 15 mini sweet peppers in assorted colors
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 6 oz. ricotta cheese
- 3 tsp. Belle Donne Dried Thyme
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash peppers and pat dry. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds and membranes from each pepper half and discard. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta cheese, thyme, and bacon. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Place the top oven rack in the 2nd highest position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- With a small spoon, fill each pepper half with the cheese and bacon mixture and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle some of the freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of each pepper half.
- Place the baking sheet on the top oven rack and broil for approximately 4-5 minutes or just until the cheese begins to brown and the peppers start to blister. Remove from oven and cool slightly before transferring the peppers to a serving platter. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
What you will need
Thyme Leaves – Shaker
Crispy Seasoned Kale Chips
If you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying alternative to fried potato chips, you are...
One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
This one-skillet dish is as delicious as it is easy to make! And bonus –...
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
Black beans and sweet potatoes are a combination made in heaven! Full of nutrients and...