We promised you a recipe to go with your DIY Belle Donne Cajun spice blend that you made earlier this week! This hearty, spicy meal will keep you warm on these cooler fall nights, and is perfect if you’re on the go. It’s inspired by the flavours of the classic Louisiana dish and makes for a very satisfying meal.
Cajun Red Beans & Rice Skillet
- 1 T. Belle Donne garlic powder
- 1 T. Belle Donne smoked paprika
- ½ T. Belle Donne onion powder
- 2 t. Belle Donne dried oregano
- 1 t. Belle Donne dried thyme
- 2 t. Belle Donne cayenne pepper
- 1 t. Belle Donne ground white pepper
- 2 t. Belle Donne sea salt
- 3 3-oz. Cajun Andouille sausage links, sliced
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 c. chopped white onion
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 c. chopped green bell pepper
- ½ c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1-2 T. Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 c. basmati rice
- 2 c. chicken or veggie broth
- 2 15-oz. cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Prepare the Cajun seasoning by combining all ingredients together in a bowl, and transfer to an airtight container. Set aside.
- Add sausage to a large skillet set over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned on each side. Transfer browned sausage to a plate and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet and increase to medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, green pepper, and red pepper. Sprinkle with one tablespoon Cajun seasoning and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables soften.
- Add remaining olive oil and the rice to the skillet. Toast the rice for 1-2 minutes, while stirring continually. Add the broth and deglaze the skillet by lightly scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid and add the browned Andouille sausage, kidney beans, and additional Cajun seasoning, if desired. Stir to combine and cover for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add fresh parsley. Fluff the rice with a fork while stirring the parsley into the mixture. Enjoy!
What you will need
No data was found
Crispy Seasoned Kale Chips
If you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying alternative to fried potato chips, you are...
One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
This one-skillet dish is as delicious as it is easy to make! And bonus –...
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
Black beans and sweet potatoes are a combination made in heaven! Full of nutrients and...