This quick and easy Cajun shrimp skillet is a great way to get dinner on the table fast without skimping on flavor. You’ll be making a homemade spice blend which will allow you to control the level of heat by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper used.
Cajun Shrimp & Vegetable Skillet
Cajun Seasoning Ingredients
- 1 T. Belle Donne garlic powder
- 1 T. Belle Donne smoked paprika
- ½ T. Belle Donne onion powder
- 2 t. Belle Donne dried oregano
- 1 t. Belle Donne dried thyme
- 2 t. Belle Donne cayenne pepper
- 1 t. Belle Donne ground white pepper
- 2 t. Belle Donne sea salt
- 1 lbs. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 3-oz. Cajun Andouille sausage links, sliced
- ½ medium white onion, finely diced
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium orange or red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper (or ½ large), finely diced
- 1-2 T. Cajun seasoning
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced and cut into half rounds
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and cut into half rounds
- 2 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Prepare the Cajun seasoning by combining all ingredients together in a bowl. Stir and transfer to an airtight container. Set aside.
- Toss the shrimp with one tablespoon olive oil and one-half tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add sausage. Cook until the sausage is browned. Transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, along with the seasoned shrimp. Spread the shrimp into a single layer without overcrowding. Cook, stirring once, just until the shrimp is opaque and starts to curl. Do not overcook. Transfer shrimp to the plate with the sausage.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet, along with the onion, garlic, and the diced bell pepper. Sprinkle with additional Cajun seasoning, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook until the vegetables soften and develop color.
- Add the yellow squash and zucchini to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, just until browned and crisp tender. Remove from heat and stir in the Andouille sausage, shrimp, and fresh parsley. Stir and serve immediately. Enjoy!
What you will need
Cayenne Pepper (Hot) – Cannister
Pepper, Ground White – Cannister
Onion Powder – Cannister
Cajun Seasoning – Pouch
Exploring Global Flavours with Belle Donne Spices
Embarking on a culinary adventure has never been easier with Belle Donne Spices. As you...
Baking with Belle Donne: Enhancing Sweet Treats with Spices and Extracts
Spices and extracts are often associated with savoury dishes, but their delightful flavours can work...
Spring Recipe: Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad – A Burst of Freshness and Flavour
Spring is the perfect time to fire up the grill and indulge in delicious BBQ...