Make your own spice blend and serve these easy and versatile beef tacos with shredded lettuce, salsa, chopped tomatoes, extra cheese, and some warm corn taco shells or large lettuce leaves for wrapping.
Easy Beef Tacos
DIY Belle Donne Taco Seasoning:
- 2 T. Belle Donne Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 T. Belle Donne Ground Cumin
- 1 t. Belle Donne Ground Coriander
- 2 t. Belle Donne Garlic Powder
- 1 t. Belle Donne Smoked Paprika
- 1 ½ t. Belle Donne Sea Salt
- 1 t. Belle Donne Ground Black Pepper
- ½ t. Belle Donne Ground White Pepper
- ¼ - ½ t. Belle Donne Cayenne Pepper
Remaining taco seasoning can be stored in an airtight container for several months.
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1¼ lbs. ground beef (80% lean)
- 2 T. taco seasoning
- 1 10-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilis, drained
- 4 oz. shredded Mexican-blend cheese (+ extra for serving or topping)
Optional, to Serve:
Taco shells or lettuce wraps, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and/or extra cheese.
- Prepare the taco seasoning by combining all ingredients in a bowl; transfer to an airtight container. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and develops some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add beef to skillet and cook until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and drain excess fat from skillet.
- Add taco seasoning, fire-roasted tomatoes and green chilis and stir to combine. Stir frequently until tomatoes are heated through and the beef mixture is thoroughly coated in the taco seasoning. Taste, and add additional taco seasoning, if desired.
- Remove from heat and top with shredded cheese. Cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve with desired accompaniments. Enjoy!
What you will need
Coriander Ground – Cannister
Exploring Global Flavours with Belle Donne Spices
Embarking on a culinary adventure has never been easier with Belle Donne Spices. As you...
Baking with Belle Donne: Enhancing Sweet Treats with Spices and Extracts
Spices and extracts are often associated with savoury dishes, but their delightful flavours can work...
Spring Recipe: Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad – A Burst of Freshness and Flavour
Spring is the perfect time to fire up the grill and indulge in delicious BBQ...