Cobbler bakes more like a cake. You can make this recipe with any extra fruit you have in your fridge — we like to use apples, mixed berries or peaches.
- 8 large, ripe peaches, pitted and chopped, OR 6 apples, cored, peeled and chopped, OR 8 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen).
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. Belle Donne ground nutmeg
- 1 t. Belle Donne ground cinnamon
- 1 t. Belle Donne vanilla extract
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. sugar, divided
- 1 t. Belle Donne salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- 8 T. unsalted butter, very well chilled
- 1 egg white, beaten with water added
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Add fruit of choice, sugar, lemon juice, flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 8” x 8” baking pan and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of peach mixture before placing pan in pre-heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, ½ cup sugar, salt, and baking powder to a different bowl and stir to combine. Chop chilled butter into very small pieces with a sharp knife. Add to bowl and combine with dry ingredients with your fingers until small pebble-sized pieces are formed.
- Add heavy cream and water to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until all the dry ingredients are moist and somewhat sticky. Do not overwork dough.
- Remove baking pan from oven and carefully spoon dough over the top, making sure the dough is the same thickness throughout.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown. Remove from oven and brush the top with the egg white wash and sprinkle remaining sugar on top. Return to oven to finish baking, another 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven when the top is golden brown.
- Allow pan to cool slightly before serving on its own or topped with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
What you will need
Salt, Iodized Table
Spring Recipe: Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad – A Burst of Freshness and Flavour
Spring is the perfect time to fire up the grill and indulge in delicious BBQ...
Spice Up Your Taco Night and Experiment in the Kitchen
Are you tired of making the same old recipes over and over again? Do you...
Spring Pea Soup with Mint and Lemon: A Refreshing and Nutritious Recipe
Spring is a season of renewal and rejuvenation, with fresh, bright flavours to match. After...
No comment yet, add your voice below!