Chicken wings are such a great choice for casual outdoor gatherings because they are easy to make and are perfect for eating with your fingers. They are also extremely versatile because they can be tossed with any number of sauces or seasonings. The honey-mustard sauce used in this version is delicious and it pairs beautifully with potato salad or other picnic-worthy side dishes.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, trimmed
- Belle Donne Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. Belle Donne dried garlic
- 3 T. honey
- ¼ c. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. hot sauce (optional)
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- Add chicken wings to baking sheet in a single layer, not touching or overcrowding. Season wings with salt and black pepper, to taste, before placing in the pre-heated oven. Bake until skin is crispy, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add garlic and butter to a saucepan and heat over medium heat for approximately 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add honey and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Simmer for a few minutes, until honey dissolves completely. Remove from heat and stir in hot sauce, if using. Set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the wings to a large glass bowl. Pour the honey-mustard mixture on top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or place coated wings on a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and place under a hot broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until brown and bubbly. Enjoy!
What you will need
No data was found
Exploring Global Flavours with Belle Donne Spices
Embarking on a culinary adventure has never been easier with Belle Donne Spices. As you...
Baking with Belle Donne: Enhancing Sweet Treats with Spices and Extracts
Spices and extracts are often associated with savoury dishes, but their delightful flavours can work...
Spring Recipe: Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad – A Burst of Freshness and Flavour
Spring is the perfect time to fire up the grill and indulge in delicious BBQ...