This one-skillet dish is as delicious as it is easy to make! And bonus – it’s keto-friendly too!
One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ T. Belle Donne Italian seasoning, divided
- Belle Donne Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ½ c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
- Sprigs fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Enjoy!
What you will need
Pepper, Ground Black – Cannister
Exploring Global Flavours with Belle Donne Spices
Embarking on a culinary adventure has never been easier with Belle Donne Spices. As you...
Baking with Belle Donne: Enhancing Sweet Treats with Spices and Extracts
Spices and extracts are often associated with savoury dishes, but their delightful flavours can work...
Spring Recipe: Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad – A Burst of Freshness and Flavour
Spring is the perfect time to fire up the grill and indulge in delicious BBQ...