It’s that time of the year again! The leaves are turning delightful shades of reds, yellows, and oranges, there’s a nip in the air and, best of all, it’s pumpkin spice season. Truly the best time of the year to share with the special people in your life. That being said, there’s no reason these delightful fall treats can’t be enjoyed all year round.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Tip: Make sure you choose 100% pure pumpkin vs. pumpkin pie filling for this recipe because you are already adding sugar and other spices.
Tricks and Treats to make your muffins the best
Here are some fun ideas of how you can take your pumpkin spice muffins to the next level:
- The trick is in the freshness. Instead of using a store-bought pumpkin pie filling, rather use a fresh pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling is not only packed with all sorts of additional ingredients and preservatives, but it’s also pre-spiced, having an impact on the final flavor. Combining Bella Donna’s incredible pumpkin spice and salt, with a fresh pumpkin, is an unbeatable combination.
- While adding course sugar is an option that’s well-worth considering, the muffins are delicious without it. They’re a perfect quick snack for any time of the year.
- However, if it’s the festive season, or you want to go all out, in addition to the course decorating sugar, you might want to consider adding some festive décor to your muffins. A glazed cherry and mint leaves make a gorgeous mistletoe, or for Halloween, why not add a gummy spider with a candyfloss web? The possibilities are endless!
By combining fresh pumpkin flavor with spices you’ve enjoyed since your youth, you can create new culinary memories for your children with these pumpkin pie-inspired treats.
- 2½ c. sugar
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2/3 c. water
- 4 large eggs
- 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
- 3½ c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. Belle Donne salt
- 2 t. Belle Donne Pumpkin Spice
- ½ c. coarse decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with 12 regular-sized cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl and beat on low for 1 minute. (You can also beat by hand, if preferred). Do not over mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and Belle Donne Pumpkin Spice to a small bowl and stir to combine. Add dry mixture to pumpkin batter and beat on low (or stir by hand) just until all ingredients are blended into the batter. Do not over mix.
- With a large spoon, fill cupcake liners with batter until they are ¾ full. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each muffin with coarse decorating sugar and return to oven to finish baking
We hope you enjoy sharing this gorgeous Bella Donna recipe with your special loved ones. May they be a part of creating special, treasured, and life-long memories that you all share.
What you will need
Pumpkin Spice – Shaker
Spring Recipe: Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad – A Burst of Freshness and Flavour
Spring is the perfect time to fire up the grill and indulge in delicious BBQ...
Spice Up Your Taco Night and Experiment in the Kitchen
Are you tired of making the same old recipes over and over again? Do you...
Spring Pea Soup with Mint and Lemon: A Refreshing and Nutritious Recipe
Spring is a season of renewal and rejuvenation, with fresh, bright flavours to match. After...
No comment yet, add your voice below!